- Lavon Drive Baptist Church's public office hours: 8:30-4:30, Monday-Friday
- Church staff members will continue to work normal hours, while allowing those that can work remotely to do so.
- Because of the new CDC Guidelines, pastors and church staff are not able to visit hospitals, nursing homes, retirement or long-tern care facilities. Pastors and church staff will contact patients and their families by phone to check on their health, provide encouragement and pray.
- In accordance with the new CDC Guidelines to avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people, ALL gatherings scheduled on Lavon Drive Baptist Church campus have been cancelled through Tuesday, March 31.
- All Sunday, Wednesday and other weekday events have been cancelled through this date as well. Some events will be rescheduled, and you will be notified of the new dates.
- The CDC guidelines will not allow our church family to gather for worship at this time: however, our 10:35am worship service will be streamed online and available through Facebook and Livestream.com
- Thank you for continuing to faithfully support the church financially. If you are accustomed to bringing your offering to the
church on Sunday mornings, please consider using another form of delivery: mail your offering, text GIVE to 972-449-9226,
or give online at: myldbc.ccbchurch.com/goto/giving
If necessary, we will communicate any changes/updates via Facebook and email. If you do not have Facebook or email, please let your Community Group leader or a staff member know so that you may be contacted directly. If you have not been receiving the church's emails or texts regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please contact the church office at 972-272-7557 and you will be added to our mailing lists.Sincerely,
Senior Pastor, Lavon Drive Baptist Church
A Message from Pastor
RESPONSE DATE: MARCH 19
"Social Distancing" and "Flatten the Curve"... two phrases that are now a regular part of our vocabulary; two phrases that will be key in the days and weeks to come. The experts agree that Social Distancing is currently the most important factor to controlling the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and helping to save lives.
At Lavon Drive Baptist Church, we want to do our part. We are balancing following the CDC Guidelines with continuing ministry and sharing the hope of Christ with a community that is currently scared, uncertain and isolated. We are not completely sure what this looks like, but we are taking some steps forward (see below) that feel promising and socially responsible. We may have to modify these plans, but by faith we are taking some steps and praying our way through this pandemic.