Registration now open for the 2016 Fall Season! Register Here
Open to kids age 4 - 6th Grade
We've got a fantastic season planned for Praise Kids this year! This amazing Children's Worship Arts Ministry will get your kiddo excited about serving God. Read on to find out more, then register today!
What Is Praise Kids?
Praise Kids is our children’s Worship Arts program, where kids learn to worship God with their voices, their talents, and with their lives. Praise Kids serve regularly in our Sunday services and are taught the skills needed to be the worship leaders of tomorrow. It has been said that the children are the church of today who will lead the church of tomorrow. We want to be part of training those leaders! Praise Kids meets on Sunday nights from 6:00 – 7:20 in the Coleman Center during the school year.
What are the Goals?
- To teach children what worship truly is (which is not necessarily singing, or just limited to singing!)
- To give the children tools with which to worship
- To give kids experience in worshiping with their gifts, even at a young age
How Does It Work?
- Praise Kids is a graded program, with classes in preschool (ages 4&5) , and 1st – 6th grades.
- Preschool children learn songs and stories that emphasize basic biblical truths. They have several performance opportunities throughout the year including church services and a Christmas mini-musical.
- Children in 1st – 6th grades have a blast playing music games (cleverly-disguised music theory!!), learning sign language, experimenting with
worship technology, and - of course - learning to sing to the Lord! Songs are selected that support Biblical truth, and all lessons
are complemented with Scripture lessons and activities that lay the foundation for all we do.
- 1st - 6th graders don't present a traditional "program" at the end of the year but rather engage in ministry throughout the year, and then
at the end of the season the children lead a full worship service on a Sunday night.
How Do We Register for Praise Kids?
You may register your child online at www.lavondrive.org/praisekids. Please submit a separate registration for each child. If you have any questions, please contact the director, Britnie Skrceny, at firstname.lastname@example.org.Register Here